Collection of personal information
During the course of carrying on our business, we may collect personal information from you when you use our Website. The only personal information we collect about you when you use our Website is what you tell us about yourself, for example, by completing an online form, or information you provide to us when you send us an email. We usually collect the following kinds of personal information: contact details such as email; password; gender; country and birthday. This Website does not collect personal information about people who access the Website, except where personal information is voluntarily supplied. If you do not give us any of the personal information which we ask you for, it may affect our ability to meet our obligations to you or our clients. We do not collect personal information that we do not need.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
We use your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected and related purposes (which are normally obvious when we collect it) including to:
• provide our services to you or our clients, to manage and account for the services, and to improve the services;
• manage our relationships with you or our clients;
• provide you or our clients with information about events or other products or services that may interest you or them; and
• facilitate our internal business operations.
We may disclose personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, and also:
• within Spectrum;
• on a confidential basis to external service providers so that they can provide informational technology, financial, administrative or other services in connection with the operation of our business; and
• as permitted under the Privacy Act and/or with your consent.
For the avoidance of doubt, we may use and disclose your personal information in jurisdictions other than the one in which it was collected. We will only transfer your personal information overseas if:
• we reasonably believe that the recipient of the information is subject to a law or a contract which effectively upholds privacy principles similar to those in the Privacy Act;
• you have consented to the transfer;
• the transfer is necessary for us to provide you with your requested services;
• it is not practical to obtain your consent, the transfer is for your benefit and your consent would likely be given; or
We will not without your prior consent disclose personal information collected about you on this Website to any other party. Further, we do not sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties except if required by law or permitted under the Privacy Act.
We take reasonable steps to protect all information which we hold (including your personal information) from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We frequently update our anti-virus software to protect our systems from computer viruses. We take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form. We store information in controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords. Further, all the Spectrum employees are required, as a condition of employment, to treat personal information held by Spectrum as confidential. However, you should be aware that the internet is not a secure environment. We cannot protect personal information before it reaches us.
Access/correction to your personal information and contact us
Under the Privacy Act, you may request access at any time to personal information we hold about you, except in circumstances where access may be denied under the Privacy Act. We may charge you a fee where access is provided. Under the Privacy Act, you also have the right to ask us to update or correct your personal information when it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.